A Happy Arty New Year to everyone.
I thought I would start the year off going back to basics with simple layers and striking colours using stencils, papers and spray inks.
12x12 white card stock.
BeeArty Rustic Blossom kit
- Papers- 'Storytime' (phrases),
- Stencils- 'Rustic Script' (A4) , 'Alphabet Jumble' (A6)
-Stamp- 'Punk it up'
Mixed Media products-
-BeeArty Colour sprays- Carribean, Sapphire, Saffron, Road base.
-Matte texture paste
-Life of Colour ink pen- black
1. Use a long thin spatula to smear Matte texture paste carefully over the 12x12 card stock. Allow to dry thoroughly to ensure that the paste doesn't absorb any or very little of the colour spray.
2. Spray the page with a light spray of water then spray the Colour Spray colours you want to use, I used Carribean, Sapphire and Saffron and waited between sprays to see how each spread/mixed with the previous. If the sprays are not moving freely or how you want spray more water. You can use a piece of paper hand towel or tissue to absorb any pooling of colour and water.
3. While the spray is drying, chose a photo and then cut/tear book pages, pieces of BeeArty papers, I used Rustic Blossom kit papers, and begin to layer them behind the photo, glueing each piece together when your happy with how it looks.
4. You can start layering the background further with stenciling (Alphabet jumble), stamping (Pump it Up), I also used script stamps and grungy stamps from my home collection.
5. Attach the layered photo and chipboard cogs (sprayed with Roadbase Spray ink)
5. The last layer is journaling and page edging with the black Life of Colour ink pen.
Thanks for dropping by and checking out the first of my shares for January 2023. Wishing you a creative and arty new year, see you again later in the month. Check out all the wonderful products and kits at www.beearty.com.au.