I'm really looking forward to the new year of creating ahead. I took the chance on my holidays to relax and enjoy some creative time. I'd like to share one of my projects with you.
I always have some left overs from kits, so I thought I'd challenge myself and use them to create a page. This page was using the 'Grateful Heart' kit by amazing Michelle Grant.
I used: 12x12 page 'Love' and 'Blessed'(phrases)
Heavy White Gesso
Colour Blast Artist Ink 'Lime
Colour Blast Colour Paste 'Deep Water'
- Using gel medium I glued some torn strips of old book pages onto the 'Love' 12x12 from the kit.
- With a spatula I scraped Colour Blast 'Heavy white gesso' over the torn papers, wiping sections with a wet one to smooth out the gesso in some areas.
- Using the spatula I applied Colour Blast 'Colour Paste Deep Water ' across the dried gesso using the wet one to blend the Colour Paste.
- Cutting out all the left over phrases from the kit page 'Blessed' I edged each with black ' Archival ink' before experimenting with a variety of placement and direction of text. I took a photo of where all of the phrases, old negatives and some photos were before individually gluing each into place. Some of them I added small pieces of cardboard to the back to help add height and dimension. ( I later changed and added more photos to balance the page better)
- Adding a small amount of the Colour Artist Ink 'Lime' onto the mat and into it dipped a small paint brush using it to splat colour onto the background. I covered photos and phrases with scrap paper to protect them from added colour.
- I repeated the process with watered down white heavy gesso.
Here are few close ups to check out:
Thanks for joining me and I hope I inspired you to check out this amazing kit and others at beearty.com.au . You can find more inspiration and links on BeeArty's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BeeArtyHive