Good morning how are you? School holidays has just kicked off here in Western Australia, which means spending time with the family, getting out in the garden and with that thought it prompted the inspiration for todays layout.
Sunday 24 September 2023
Tuesday 19 September 2023
Hi Bee Arty Lovelies!
Card bases both measure 14.5cmx10.5cm using 350gsm Heavy White Cardstock. For the first card I matted a 14.3cmx10cm piece cut from Tropical Paper (reverse). Then using a purple/burgundy paper (from the kit) I diecut using the 1929 Art Deco metal die. I added fussy cuts from the Roar Paper, as well as left over sequins and gold thread from the kit. I stamped "Happy birthday" from the Embrace Change Collection onto White Cardstock and added to the card.
The second card was created in a similar way but this time I used white cardstock for the diecut against a burgundy background.
Wild At Heart has soft tropical vibes with versatile elements, and is designed by the talented Karen Yates. You will love this collection - the stamps, stencils and dies are not to be missed! You can subscribe to the kit here. Kits come with a paper pack, stencils, metal dies, stamp sets, embellishments and full colour kit instructions.
Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Monday 11 September 2023
Hey Guys! Just wanted to share my *Extra* Layout I created using the Wild at Heart Collection - I have SOOOOO many ideas still to share with you all! I was so stoked to be creating for the Magazine - if you are a subscriber you are going to be BLOWN AWAY by this kit!
The only extra bits I used that aren't in the kit was the Hessian, Muslin, cardboard & my Charms Tab!
I have used the fabulous WILD ALPHABET Die...
And I've coloured Muslin using the Mocha Spray that's in the Kit.
The word "House" I cut out using a different Wild at Heart Paper...
There's some gorgeous Chipboard in the kit....
I coloured the Paper Doiley with the Mocha Spray that's in the kit.
I dried it with a Heat Gun...
It dried like this.... I love the effect! And as you can see I have another background piece I can use for another layout ;)
I used part of the doily on a layout for the magazine, and part on this layout...
To stick down the Wild Alphabet Title "Queen of the" I used the Adhesive Foam Tape to give it dimension.
This is the Adhesive Foam you can find it in the shop...
Grab the Mocha Spray Here!
Hope you are as excited about the Wild At Heart Collection like I am! There's so much to love in this kit!
ohhhh and here's a SNEAKY PEAK of some tags I made - so much fun! You may see these in the Magazine!
Thursday 7 September 2023
'Wild at Heart' is an amazing BeeArty kit by Karen Yates. It was so much fun experimenting with different ways to use the stencils and stamps to create an interesting background in my journal.
- I loved the different textures that the A4 stencil- 'Wild Pattern' made on the white gesso I painted onto my journal page. Placing the stencil over the gessoed page I sprayed 'Coffee' Colour Spray over it and before cleaning my stencil I used the spray on the front surface of the stencil and placed it onto the other side of the journal to print a pattern.
- After it dried I sprayed the 'Khaki' Colour Spray over the top over both pages in a light spray and moved it around with a paint brush until I was happy with the coverage.
- The next step was to spread some of the 'Jungle' Colour Paste over the pages with a spatula and over the A6 Stencil - Lost Symbols.
- The next layers comprised of stamping the leopard onto a piece of a old white dress makers pattern paper and using a very wet paint brush, drew around the leopard. This is the way I find it easier to tear the paper away from the stamping with a rough edge that blends into the background better than being left with a rigid straight edge when using gel medium to attach the leopard onto the page.
- I find my journals get too thick if I use lots of paper/photo layers, so to minimise this I place packing tape over my photos and then using a very wet cloth slowly rub off the backing paper of the photo, this makes a thin 'film like' picture to add to the page.
- I finished off the layers with all of the stamps from the kit and sponged a purple acylic paint over the A5 stencil - Orchid, a Title phrase, and white acrylic pen marks.
Here are the stencils and stamps I used for the kit:
Hope I have inspired you to have some fun experimenting with journaling and this wonderful 'Wild at Heart' kit by Karen.