Hi everyone! Welcome to June. Today I am sharing a simple 12 x 12 page using Bee Arty goodies.
I have a photo captured of our youngest Samuel back in the days when he was having swimming lessons.
1) I started by adding splatters to the 12 x 12 sheet of white cardstock. I used Colour Blast Black Heavy Gesso mixed with water and set aside to dry.
2) Next I mounted the 6 x 4 landscape photo onto some white cardstock slightly larger than the photo so I could hand draw a black border with a black pen.
3) Then I (a) trimmed down a piece of the 'Twenty-Twenty' patterned paper from Tanya Froud's 'three six five' collection - to 4.5" (width) x 12" (height).
and (b) trimmed down a strip of 1" x 12" of the 'Direction' patterned paper.I adhered this strip vertically under the 'Twenty Twenty' paper as pictured - with 0.5" exposed.
I then stuck the combined papers down to the left hand side of the splattered white cardstock.
4) Next I took a sheet of the 'New Year' patterned paper and - as pictured - cut out the full backing square from the bottom right hand side.
Then I adhered the mounted photo onto this square and stuck it down to the page. I placed it partly over the patterned paper and the remainder over the white cardstock.
5) For the subheadings, I cut out some words from the 'Resolutions' word sheet and placed around my photo.
For the main title I heat embossed chipboard by Kinder Kreations with the vibrant 'Just Blue' embossing powder and pasted it underneath my photo with some craft glue.
6) Finally, to add colour to the background, I splattered it lightly with 'Deep Water', 'Saffron' and 'Lagoon' Colour Sprays and then added some embellishments from my stash to finish the page.
Here are some close ups:
'Twenty Twenty' paper
'New Year' paper
'Resolutions' word sheet
Colour Blast - Black Heavy Gesso
'Just Blue' embossing powder
'Deep Water', 'Saffron' and 'Lagoon' Colour Sprays
Thank you for stopping by - until next time, ciao! Amy 😊