Hello creative friends, I hope you have received your new Fireworks kits or have picked out some favourites and are ready to create with them... this range is AHmazing!
I had so much fun creating this page. Inspiration for this one came from the Party Metal Die - I cut a whole heap of those amazing banners with the Cuttlebug & white cardstock. I then chose to use a sheet of Magical printed cardstock as my base - I used the A side of the page and layered the banners up and down and across the page. After gluing them down I used the A4 stencil Fireworks and a mix of Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel and Colour Shimmer Dust in Peacock to add some highlight dimensions near the banners.
While this was drying I chose some other papers to create a photo stack - Showtime cards, Big Hugs and Bunting. I bordered these with black pen. The green papers I cut corners and made them into tags to layer behind the photo. I gave the photo height by adding some thick cardboard under it before adhering to the page. I also created a black border around the outer edge of the page using a fudeball pen.
I wanted to add a bit more dimension to the page so I drew some stars on white cardstock and then cut these out and coloured them with a range of Colourblast powders and inks. 3 Large stars were coloured using Dye Ink Marine, 9 smaller stars coloured using Mica Powders - Envy, Deep Water and Shimmer Dust - Peacock. The larger stars were given black borders. The smaller stars had foam tape added to help lift and give them dimension. The stars were placed around the top of the photo & down the bottom near the title.
The title was created using a combination of fonts. I had a chipboard font in my stash that I coloured using Reeves Irridescent medium and Tangarine Dream - this is textural and blended well with the skin colour of the photo - it has a fabulous shimmer to it too. I cut the second part of the title out of the Alphabet cardstock, the letters were backed on to black cardstock before being added to the layout. I added foam tape to the E's to give them a little lift also.
A great finishing touch to the page was adding a Dusty Attic tab that came in the kit just above the photo. I have also added a little journalling by typing up some words and placing them around the photo.